AIM
bgong07

[TMM43] Mess Around [TMM43] Mess Around

house-tastic

The bassline reminds me a whole lot of Daft Punk's song, "Revolution 909" now that I listen closer, and read the reviews below. I love Daft Punk, probably my biggest influence to become a producer and dj myself, so the bassline hit's home, for sure.

The synth, however, reminds me of like, "Barbie Girl" by Aqua. Not that that's bad, cause that song was awesome in it's time :D haha. Just kinda reminds me of late 90s eurohouse/eurodance, which i still enjoy, in small quantities.

Overall, nice song, very housey, love the piano stab! Just needs to be longer!

[TMM43]Essential [TMM43]Essential

verrrrry naaais

Very nice, i loooooove the main synth. It's so perfect. I could do without :30-40, however. It's sounds like...1990s cheesey techno/trance to me, heh. :41 comes in sooo hard and awesome though, i love it. I would've liked to see a large build-up from :41 to about 1:10 of this section. The small bit from about 1:00 to 1:10 is just not enough for me :D Being a DJ, I'd like it to be bigger, to play around with it more.

The kick-roll in the beginning is a little wonky, but other than that and the claps at 1:04ish (i dunno, just odd sounding to me :x) the percussion is spot on. It sounds very good, and i like the variation.

If this song were only 6+ minutes somehow. It would be an awesome club-banger/anthem track to get people moving. As of right now, however, it's way to short to get into enough, and replay value hurts because of that.

Great job on a solid track, just wish it were longer!